In BGR 191 (German trade association rules for safety and health at work), the use of orthopedic insocks in safety shoes and the individual adjustment of safety shoes has been clearly defined since January 2007. Other countries have separate national regulations. Thus, it is not allowed to use privately bought insocks in safety shoes anymore, as it was practiced before.
Mainly, BGR 191 regulates that each change of safety shoes must not affect the safety-relevant characteristics and must be tested as a complete system. This test has to be done by an official testing institute which must be accredited for the certification of safety shoes.
Together with our orthopedic partners, Baak makes sure that the most common orthopedic modifications (orthopedic insocks and shoe adjustments) are possible for a large number of Baak models and are certified as a system.
So we can assure that after the orthopedic modification, these Baak safety shoes still comply with the EN ISO 20345 standard and offer the same protection as before.
How to get your orthopedic insock
Together with our partners Springer and Wurzlbauer, we provide you with orthopedic insocks and guarantee:
- Problem solving for individual orthopedic needs, avoidance and easing of pain caused by defective positions, such as splayfeet and skew, flat or contracted feet.
- Timesaving process at the local orthopedic shoemakers shop. Every orthopedic shoemaker can buy the blanks directly from Springer or Wurzlbauer and modify them to the wearer´s individual needs according to the prescription of the doctor.
The procedure is the following:
- Take your BGR 191 certified Baak safety shoe and your prescription to the orthopedic shoemaker or medical supply store of your own choice.
- The orthopedic shoemaker orders the correct blank for you according to the prescription. Every orthopedic shoemaker must use the blank which is certified for your Baak safety shoe:
- footbed Basic AS and footbed Comfort AS by Springer,
information and ordering at www.springer-berlin.de
- footbeds Ped ESD, Ped ESD Dia, Sensomot 1 and Sensomot 2 by Wurzlbauer,
information and ordering at www.wurzlbauer.com
- The orthopedic shoemaker modifies the blanks according to your individual needs.
- The standard insock will then be replaced by your new insock.
- It is guaranteed that after the modification, the shoes will still comply with the EN ISO 20345 standard and offer the same protection to the wearer as all other products from Baak.
With the following symbol, you can recognize which Baak ranges/models are certified for orthopedic insocks.
In the Baak - BGR 191 – overview you can see which insocks correspond to which style.
Either insock Basic AS und Comfort AS by Springer and/or
insock PedESD, PedESD Dia, PedESD Sensomot 1 and PedESD Sensomot 2 by Wurzlbauer.
The orthopedic adjustment (modification of the sole)
For the most common adjustments, Baak offers certified solutions in cooperation with Wurzlbauer: Sole elevation in the ball section up to 15 mm
Sole elevation in the heel section up to 30 mm
Inside and outside edge elevations
Rolls for ball and metatarsus
In the Baak - BGR 191 – overview, you can see which models are certified for orthopedic adjustments.
Orthopedic adjustments are made exclusively by Wurzlbauer.
The orthopedic blanks are available here:
Springer Aktiv AG
Lengeder Straße 52 · 13407 Berlin
Phone +49 30 490003-0 · Fax +49 30 490003-11
Wurzlbauer, Schuhe + Orthopädie
Ringstraße 12 · 84347 Pfarrkirchen
Phone +49 8561 98879-0 · Fax +49 8561 98879-29